Accommodations for Psychological Disorders may require:
- An evaluation and detailed report provided by qualified licensed professionals, licensed clinical psychologists, neuropsychologists, psychiatrists, and/or a licensed social worker. The report must be typed on official letterhead, and must include the name, title, professional credentials, address, and phone and fax numbers of the clinician.
- Specific diagnosis- This should not merely refer to symptoms but should correspond to a specific DSM-V category
- Support from diagnosis-specific psychological rating scales, when available for use. These may include norms-referenced assessment scales such as the Beck Depression Inventory, the Yale-Brown Obsessive-Compulsive Scale, or others. The inclusion of such scales as part of a psychiatric or psychological assessment is recommended whenever possible,
- Summary of impact the disability/disorder has on current functioning
- Information on side effects of medications if relevant to an accommodation request
- Recommended accommodations and justification provided for their provision. The documentation should also describe how the accommodation would alleviate the impact of that impairment.